GS Plus Ltd Vehicle Services provides Fleet Management services to the Royal Borough of Greenwich and external customers.
Who we are and what we do:
Why we need your information and how we use it:
GS Plus provides fleet maintenance services to the Royal Borough of Greenwich and external customers. In doing so, it will collect personal data and this will be used to undertake the following;
- To provide you with the appropriate services;
- Help us develop and improve our services;
- Complete statistical returns to Government departments;
- Measure whether our services are improving;
- To maintain our own accounts and records;
- Marketing activities
The lawful basis for processing your data pursuant to Article 6 of the GDPR is as follows;
- Consent: the individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose;
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract you have with the individual, or because they have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for you to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
If you fail to provide the personal data required, we will be unable to deliver the service as required.
What type of information is collected from you:
In order to effectively and efficiently deliver a Fleet Management service, any of the following information may be collected from you;
- Email address
- Contact number
- Driving licence numbers
- Vehicle registration numbers
- Vehicle Chassis numbers
- Any additional information
Whom your information may be shared with (internally and externally)
Your data may be shared with the following:
- The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency;
- Internal departments
- The Royal Borough of Greenwich
- External auditors;
- Other third-party organisations, as allowed by law
- Other partner agencies that provide services on our behalf
- Agencies with whom we have a duty to co-operate, such as police
How long we keep your information (Retention policy)
Your personal data will not be retained for longer than necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected, namely 18 months for vehicle records after the vehicle has been disposed of or removed from fleet as per the legal requirement for vehicle records and for a period of 60 months for all other type of data as per our data retention policy and as required by VOSA and the Traffic Commissioner.
Further, we are required to keep your personal data for a period of 7 years for regulatory purposes pertaining to financial records (VAT & payment records)